--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The problem is:  What will attract poeple to the boardwalk on a
> > blustery February day like today?
> >

> I can think of one thing.... :)

My mind is perpetually in the gutter, so I'll pass on guessing.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against year-round uses or suspect that
ALL such uses would not work. However, it could never become a year-
round shopping destination. What it needs, and what it could become,
is a year-round destination for what can not be found in other
places. While restaurants can, waterfront locations and other
specialized type places are few. Also, the entertainment/cultural (I
put NJMHOF in this category) and recreational uses should be
stressed and located from Wesley to CH. But we can't dedicate ALL of
the pavillions to year-round uses that do not support services for
the summer season. The pavillions must contain uses to support beach-
going activities and that cannot be done by high-end restaurants,
regular retail (which will not work all year) or entertainment and
cultural uses. There has to be places to get ice cream, hot dogs and
soda and rent chairs and umbrellas. Also, it would be beneficial to
have some great public spaces in the pavillions to sit, et, change,
etc. Each has its place and you just have to do what Asbury Partners
has not done, that is, get off its ass.