As I understand conflicts of interests, typically it arises for an
attorney when:

1. He finds himself in a position of duty toward someone whose
interests are contrary to the interests of client's in the case; or

2. He is suing a prior client.

If an attorney represents the City in an eminant domain proceeding
against homeowner, and the attorney also represented the developer, it
appears to me the City and developer have the same interest (they both
want the homeowner out), and he is not suing a prior client.

Wby does anyone think there is a "conflict" of "interests" here?