--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Although "real estate experience" is rather vague, I must wonder
if
> you believe that only those with such experience should serve on
> City Councils.

No, and I only specified the council because there were no other
experts or advisors.

> I also must ask, do you have the requisite skills to accomplish
this
> feat?  I'm still trying to figure out the measure here.

Which feat? Negotiate the redevelopment? To a degree and various
aspects. What I don;t know or have the epxerience for I hire someone
and get a second opinion. I know enought to know when my chain is
being jerked.

> Lastly, Andres Duany was the City's professional planner while
this
> was being negotiated.  By your measurement, does he not meet the
> standard?  Because if he doesn't I must say I don't know how the
> world develops at all with so few people meeting whatever
> requirement this is to negotiate a contract.

Duany I don't think was responsible for the contract; that is not
his expertise or function. Personally, I don;t think Duany and his
firm had enough involvement to really even assess their areas of
expertise. Remember, this is the guy who didn't want to give you any
parking.

In regard to your last comment, whoever it is that is qualified was
not the people we had. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.