--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Nobody accepts a first offer."
>
> There are no universals; a seller who knows the value of his
property,
> is motivated to sell and/or understands clearly and accepts the
> rational of an offer will often accept a first offer.

Skip I agree with you're post here, when you have two parties trying
to get to the same end, ie the property owner wants to sell and the
buyer wants to buy. They have the same goal, the only issue is
price. Those are the easy ones.

Most of the cases I'm involved with are very different.  The
defendants in my cases don't want to be in the transaction at all,
let alone come up with a price.  We don't even share the same
ultimate goal.  Those are the tough ones.

I think that parts of the Beachfront negotiations, unfortunately,
might be more like those tough ones.  Hope I'm wrong.