> local land use and no one seems to be realizing the significance of
> that. ???
>
> Today, after all is said on done, it doesn't matter. That is, unless
> there were some other law that enabled this to get done.

Of course it matters. It matters to all those faced with eminent
domain. It matters to all those who are told they can not develope
their own property. It matters to the City - building 3000 condos where
a mixed use development was supposed to be. It matters to the taxpayers
whose public buildings were sold out from under them.

The spector of this entire "Deal" being null and void would be a huge
stick that could be used as leverage to get performance and a better
redevelopment.

Werner