The opinion maker, unfortunately, is the Abury Park Press.  They
couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that the default in this
limited situation was good not bad.

You think they'll take the time to sort out the nuances of what you
point out below? Once they hear the 2002 plan is no longer, they won't
simply explain we have the 91 plan.  They'll treat it like a nuke went
of in the middle of Asbury and every bank and investor will run for
cover.