In a message dated 2/26/2006 7:43:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I thought it was one block west of the triangle. Now you guys are
acusing Larry of setting the fire. If that's not slander I don't know
what is. Maybe I should send those statements to my brother Larry. My
money is on a homeless person trying to keep warm. Let's wait until the
investigation starts and finishes before you jump to these slanderist
remarks.
 I place my bet on a comment from another A P list

 "Beautiful buildings, especially the Belmont. Sorry to see it go,  I guess Asbury Partners won't have to demolish them now there is so little left.  They say lighting is so unpredictable LOL"

Does anybody know when the fire was reported? My guess, even an investigation will not produce any results. The building burned very fast, a large part collapsed before 6:20 PM, turning  4 floors into 1 floor of burning wood.  Still could see flames at 9 PM from Sewall Ave. The building was used by the fire department for training drills for the last few months. At least the fire hydrants where working, protecting the near-by buildings. Hundreds of spectators. Lots of fire trucks parked by the firehouse and lots of firemen in the firehouse at 8:45 PM. Still lots of truck and men at the fire at 10:00 PM, this very cold night. At 10:00 PM you can hear the helicopter from one of the major news channels.

Now, the fact is that the asbestos, if any,  will not have to hand removed, it went up with the smoke. In a few hours?

Last year, the hotel next to ANYBODY's had to have the asbestos removed by hand, cost the Partners lots of money, many delays and D E P inspections. Maybe a large  fine. Between the hotel and theater, the asbestos trailers where parked in front of ANYBODY'S on Cookman Ave, for months.

During the early summer, the Ambassador on 3rd  had similar asbestos problems delays during it's demolition. Something that someone filled out the demolition reports wrong, stating  there was no asbestos in the huge commercial building. The police and state became involved.

Wonder if the Press will have time to do an investigative report?

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS