"The questions are what do we do in the meantime and where do you
build the new one? The problem is we do not own much land. Clearly we
need a temporary solution whether the current building is fixed or to
build a new one."

My god, leave you guys alone for an afternoon and all hell breaks
loose–32 messages.

The city owns a lot of land on Springwood, a steel structure would be
quick, cheap and ugly; who knows, if Larry ever finds some money, we
could use it temporarily (paint it puke yellow) then sell it to him
for his corporate offices.

The quickest thing to do is probably bite the bullet and fix the fire
hall; park the trucks on the street and temporarily lodge the firemen
at Paradise or Berkeley; this too has its disadvantages but is a quick
fix.