--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2/27/06 4:56 PM, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I always thought that Main Street should be for stores.  All those
> > Municipal Buildings would be better as ratables.
>
> I agree.

This is not good community based thinking. Public/Municipal buildings
are important centers of civic life and are most always located
on "Main Street".

City Hall, Post Office, Court House, Fire House, etc. serve to make the
statment that they are different, the centers of government and in many
cases the identity of a community.

The short view that Main Street should be nothing but ratables ignores
the entire evolution of Towns and Cities. Civic buildings help define
the persona of "Main Street USA".

Werner