As a new (part-time) resident, I am glad to hear that law enforcement is
succeeding.

On that note, I highly suggest that those that have yet to participate in
the Citizens On Patrol (COP) program sign up immediately.  Not only will
you be helping to make your own city safer but the Citizen's Academy will
give you a different prospective and understanding  into what your boys
(and girls) in blue deal with daily.

For those of you that feel you do not have the time to positively
contribute in this program, I will be down in Asbury Park about six days a
month and I am going to make an effort to squeeze in the COP program.  I
hope to see you there, too.

Respectfully,
Tom Wolfe