My mistake - I thought $400,000 in loans had to be paid back but I guess if
we raise money to pay them off fast the money the City of Asbury Park would
have paid could have been reallocated to other important things.

I personally agree with all those good ideas.  Just make sure that you
earmark additional funds for lawyers to battle the ACLU.  They will
probably fight the cameras like they usually do.

Oh, since I am new to this list, is there any protocol to have a name of
the person posting listed on the bottom of it?  I personally like to know
who is slamming me - it makes it feel better. :)

Finally, Mr. [EMAIL PROTECTED], are you already a participant in the COP
program?  If not, I suggest you do.  By patroling the streets and taking
notes, you can help your community in two ways.  First, the omnipresence
you would help provide would stop petty crime which in turn reduces major
crime (Google "broken windows" and police to read more about this
nationally recognized and utilized principle).  Second, any information you
get on drug activity that helps Asbury Park Police make some major busts
brings in mucho dinero in seizures for the City to use for law enforcement
purposes like you suggested.

If you need a Citizens On Partol application, I will gladly scan, PDF it
and e-mail it to you before I fill out mine this week.  We could be patrol
buddies !!!

Respectfully,
Tom Wolfe