> I guess what I meant to say was offer a fair price to start and
avoid the condemnation process.

What's 'fair' if the property owner doesn't want to leave?

Like a deal I'm working on today, where the owner offered the buyer a
substansial discount if it were to close "quick". The buyers
response "money is not the issue, I need to use the building".

Same with eminent domain and the ability to walk to the beach or pay
your mortgage - "the seller's quality of life". Put a price on that.
With quality of life, I would consider family, how long they've been
in the home, neighbors, friends, proximity to work - and equity,
mortages, payments etc.

I have a price on my home (in my head) in Ocean Twp to get me to
move...sping is coming and so will the questions...and I ask "how
much you got?".

For some, you simply can't replace the space. Who want's to live in
Colt's Neck anyhow? It's a 20 minute+ drive back to the beach...