--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Joe D'Andrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It gets worse when we consider the work environment. Let's say a
business employs 10 salespeople and it has a support staff of 25
additional people. Something libelous gets posted from one of those
35 computers. When traced back, the IP address points to that
business. Who are you going to sue? Could you impound all 35
computers? And who's to say the libelous posting didn't come from a
visitor that was allowed to plug into the companies internet
connection while he/she was there for a meeting?

> Yeah... you can record the IP address, but it doesn't help you
prosecute your libel claim. (Unless you're MOG and you have to sign
in at the library to use the computer.... then the prosecutor of a
libel, defamation or bias crime or claim would have the name and
address of the offender and could proceed with any remedy at law.)

Sort of like the camera red light situation in NYC. If the camera
catches you passing the light it is like a parking ticket because
they can't ascertain who was driving the car.