--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Werner you refuse to recognize your Northern and Western Monmouth
> overlords.  They have the $ and the power, and they will be
soaking
> up all the open space funding.
>
> Our only shot at largess is to assist them by accepting our Urban
> asthetic and continue to further Urbanize, which they are trying
> avoid.
>
> We're Urban anyway, so grow with it.  Forget open spaces in AP.
It
> isn't who we are.
>
> Rack'em pack'em and stack'em.  It's time to go vertical and build
> high.

Well funding is only an issue if you need to acquire land for open
space, not keep land you already have vacant. Of course, technically
we don't have th Triangle any more, we sold it but haven't gotten
paid yet. I am not too worried about building on the Triangle since
the Marine Grill proper site cannot be built upon. I don't think I
would like to see our entire waterfront built up with high density,
although I could accept density in isolated spots for lower density
elsewhere. None of this is the problem however. That is of course
that our waterfront remais in disgraceful condition and no one is
doing anything about it. Sorry, but 12-month intervals is just not
going to cut it. While the council is looking for the "fourth wheel"
as Ed Johnson put it, they don;t realize that this car has no wheels
and is up on milk crates.