Why don't we (this group) get behind something like the following?

Letter to Council

The below named residents, business persons and friends of Asbury Park
ask for clarification of your efforts, hopes and view of where this
city is headed.

We note the following:
Council submitted the wrong WRP to the state for CAFRA etc.
You appear unable to get our master developer to develop.
Although Asbury receives regular local, regional, even national
exposure, the failure of the waterfront developer to develop, merely
showcases our worst face; the city needs a strategy for and the will
to act to carry through with redevelopment.
It seems obvious that the city may have to raise taxes (again).

We ask the following:
Let's stop accepting mediocrity.
Let us begin to support those private citizens who have, and seek to
continue to, put their money where their mouths are (Fasano, DePetro
et al.). The City needs to cease fighting them and putting obstacles
in their path.

Where are we going and where will you be when we get there?
**************

"We submitted the wrong (that's their story) WRP to the state for
CAFRA etc. We can't get our master developer to develop. And we
might have to raise taxes (again). Let's stop accepting mediocrity.
Someone wrote a book once about guys from my neighborhood - "The
Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight." We can impress outsiders not by
having him drive a caddy, but by this city actually carrying through
with redevelopment. We can't even get our "Partner" to dance with
us. What a joke! Hats off to all private citizens putting their
money where their mouths are (Fasano, DePetro et al.). This City
decides to fight them and put obstacles in their way while it bends
over for Fishman."