--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Joe D'Andrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> But if all one does is come to the Council meeting expecting a
detailed answer on a specific bill on the bill list -- and you know
from years of not getting detailed information at the Council meeting --
 then I have to conclude that one is just asking about bills to be a
grand-stander.  Or in the case of the people who come out once every
four years and then retreat back into their hiding places, a candidate
for City Council.

Joe, I had no idea you could do that. When I said you do not get
answers, I didn't mean at that moment, but I never heard anything come
back about those questioned bills. The guys from finance are usually
there and do answer some questions specifically regarding what an
expense is for. But WHY do these questions have to be asked? Should
they not learn by now that they will raise questions when someone sees
$3,000+ bill for office furntiure, or $600 for a chair? It has been
specifically asked WHO approves these expenditures in the first place.
Is there an answer?