The benches that Asbury Partners are putting on the boardwalk have
stationary backs and not the movable backs at the request of the City.

Asbury Partners was willing to install the two way benches.  The City
was concerned about a liability issue.   People, particularly
children, have broken their fingers switching the backs, creating
personal injury lawsuits.

I was at that meeting.  I lobbied hard for the two way benches, for
obvious reasons.  ;-)