--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When is the town going to wake up and have some courage?  Places like
the
> Wonder Bar should be applauded not destroyed.

The "town" is not the governing body but the people. The people have to
come to the council meetings and step up to the microphone. It is only
when the council chambers is filled to the rafters with people speaking
(3 minutes each) that the majority of the council will have the courage
to do what needs to be done. Right now it is the same couple of dozen
that speak. Unfortunately, we're written off by the majority on the
council. If you want to save places like the Wonder Bar, the Baronet et
al., come to a council meeting and bring someone with you. Let them
bring someone else and so forth and so on.