--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I don't know if Pat has something up his sleeve here.  He's the
> nicest guy you will ever meet, and certainly is smart. As
successful
> as he's been I don't see him just throwing caution (or money) to
the
> wind.
>
> There must be something I'm not seeing here that Pat does see.
> Wouldn't surprise me.

While I will not second guess his business acumen, I think Pat has
got his Italian up. I think he really cares about this city and sees
the opportunity to affect the world he lives in. It is something
special to live or work in a place and be able to look at something
and say I did that. It is even better if it is something that makes
the place and better place to live and visit.

I heard Pat say that he personally doesn't want to have walk down
through nothing but three straight blocks of condos to get to the
beach. How gray and mundane will that be? Had Asbury Park been
nothing but an enclave of residences no one would ever have heard of
it. If FIshman has his way no one might in the future.