On 4/24/06 11:33 PM, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I couldn't have said it any better. You can't buy the free
> advertisement that the Boss has given us over the past 30 years and
> the real residents praise him for that.

Just curious but what good is the free advertisement Springsteen has
provided Asbury Park if the city does not follow it up with either a program
towards music or entertainment?

Every time he comes here he shows just how many people will come from around
the world to Asbury Park because of music, yet there is little, if anything,
in the redevelopment plan geared towards utilizing Asbury's musical
heritage.  It's a tremendous draw that is shown each time Bruce plays a show
here.

All that free advertising doesn't mean much if you don't do something with
it.