"I ask the question why doesn't Bruce do more for AP?  You could not
ask for a better attention grabber. Other places would kill for it.
WHY hasn't this City and master developer been able to capitalize more
on his apparent love for AP? Is the answer to my first question
because of what the city has agreed to do - destroy in part the AP
Bruce remembers and loves? Is it because he has no love for Asbury
Partners (who could)? How could a redevelopment plan totally ignore
this City's already-established foundation for fame? Absolutely insane."

I think what Dan asks is not what's wrong with Bruce; rather, what the
hell's wrong with council and Fishman?

That question is similar to Gary's position (which I'll summarize with
poetic license as) when you have an invaluable resource, name
recognition, branding and fond memories world-wide; what genius would
ignore or destroy that wealth so as to enable a half-assed strategy to
build 3000 condos for people who'll have nothing to do but shop, dine
or drink in Larry's Land or grab a bus out of town.