--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> He was one tough editor, but Joe D'Andrea was almost always right.
> We'll miss him lots, despite the sharp rebukes.

I got to know Joe through this forum, where for the first year, I
was on the receiving end of many of those rebukes. Joe had a very
succint style, and as much as he got under my skin, I had to admire
his intelligence and his way of "cutting to the quick."

It was only until this past fall when Joe and I realized that we
were on the same side; that is, trying to do what is best for this
city. What was the event that led to our rapor? The City's shameful
disavowal of the June 5, 2002 WRP. It was Joe himself that called me
to tell me that the city ordered him to take the June WRP off of the
website before he even did so. The disavowal of the June WRP made
Joe lose faith in the majority on the governing council. He was so
incensed that he wanted to get his company out of the city contract.
I told him to keep taking its money. His work for the city did not
constitute a tacit approval of what it did.

Joe knew what the real WRP was. He knew that neither the June WRP or
the March draft permits the rebuilding of C-8 without amendment,
even though he, like myself, wanted to see the Esperanza built. He
knew that all of the City's explanations in the aftermath was
nothing but BS. Joe knew BS, that's for sure. He was an invaluable
source and as you point out, he almost was always right. But I will
miss him not for the wealth of information he provided, but for his
intelligence, caring and dedication to make Asbury Park a better
place for all. If anyone has any informations ragrding services for
Joe, please post here or email me offline.