--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't remember Joe posting anything about the plan then again I
> just got on this site in January so me where it said all those
> things. We know Joe never held back his opinion.

Joe was Mr. Inside and I was Mr. Outside. You didn't see him post
opposing what I said did you? He certainly was a man of convictions
and I don't mean to say he kept quiet not to make waves. He was judt
more effective flying under the radar and working within the system.
I relied heavily on his advice and perspective and was always
willing to hear what he thought. I did not know him well, but what
little I did know spoke of honor and doing the right thing. He was
greatly troubled by (mis)direction of the redevelopment and the
city's apparent unwillingness or inability to right the ship. One of
my last conversations I had with him about the redevelopment was how
to mobilize the citzenry. Joe said that of course that was the
$64,000 question. He indicated to me that a vast majority have no
idea of what the WRP actually calls for and what the city would lose
in terms of properties. This came up with regard to the Baronet et
al. For instance, some were asking why they had not opened the Q
Spot in Fasano's paint store building on Grand as planned. Those
involved in the Q Spot had no idea that the property was to be
condemned. Joe was an honest person. He could not abide the game the
City was playing with the disavowal of the June WRP and he was doing
what he could in his own quiet way to make sure the right thing was
done. I aim to see that it is followed through. I would do it anyway
(because it is right) but even more now because I owe it to him.