---, while Deal's are much
> higher. Could this be related to the tax rates & the true costs of
> ownership in these towns?

I've always used this argument with people - know the tax rates. Look
at what you are paying in taxes - a better investment may be where your
monthly payment is going to your actual house - vs paying taxes. Taking
JJ's example - a $1m house in Deal vs a $1m house in AP (the funny part
is, there now exists $1m houses in AP and none in Deal....). Your taxes
in Deal are minimal - if you were close to getting bank approval for a
loan - given the same sales price, you'd more likely get approved in
DEAL, because you'd be able to afford the taxes as part of your overall
costs. And, the bank would probably discount the AP house to cover
themselves....

YOu want a deal? I have a listing for a 6 bedroom,1 full and 1/2 bath
in Lake Como for $529k. Rents for $18k in the summer. Couple blocks to
beach. Time to flip over Dan. BARGAIN compared to ANY house in AP. Call.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM