--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> While I do not work for New Jersey, I issue speeding tickets and the
> motorist is found guilty based on my observations 99% of the time.  I
> do not know how New Jersey works but where I work we have the odometer
> calibration certificates in a file cabinet at Traffic Court.

Well that is smart, but I assume you are talking about a small
jurisdiction. That could work. But the major portion of tickets are on
highways in NJ by state troopers. The sheer number of tickets in most
jurisdictions makes it impossible to have the certificates on hand. If
you do not have the certificates for both the device, the facility and
and what it was tested against, then they should have appealed the
court's decision. It is against the law. Cops are onlydoing their job.
I don't blame them. Part of speed enforcement is safety and part is
revenue. All a municipality has to do is buy a radar or laser device
and rake in the dough.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM