HAHAHAHAHA!  Sorry, but the thought that I would risk my employment,
my pension, and my honor by signing a false statement (a crime) for an
offense that I knew did not happen made me laugh.

The "I¹ve had it happen to me a few times where you could tell the
officer really didn¹t want to give a ticket but had to because of a
quota" line is one of two things.  Either the cop uses it as a line to
diffuse the motorist's anger and make it seem like "he is forced to do
this" or never writes summonses which makes a boss lean on him since
it is not possible to drive around 8-12 hours a day and not see a
traffic violation.

I prefer to go to an area of high accident occurrances and strictly
enforce the traffic law between 911 calls to help curb future
accidents and it works. Oh, and I have used the line that my boss is
there so I have to issue this summons so that a motorist would stop
complaining.

Bottom line - a lying about a summons is not worth losing a career
over and there are plenty of fish in the barrel that you do not have
to write a bogus ticket.

Tom

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I don't blame them. Part of speed enforcement is safety and part is
> > revenue. All a municipality has to do is buy a radar or laser device
> > and rake in the dough.
>

> It¹s a shame that both speeding and traffic violations are needed to get
> revenue.  It does put pressure on officers at certain times to
charge people
> they KNOW didn¹t do anything wrong.  I¹ve had it happen to me a few
times
> where you could tell the officer really didn¹t want to give a ticket
but had
> to because of a quota.  They¹ll say things like ³Call the station,
I¹ll make

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM