--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to ask where you get your information from.  Are you a
> traffic court lawyer?  Often, "regular" lawyers feel all of the
rules
> of "regular" court apply to traffic court and they are wrong.
Traffic
> court is an administrative court and a lot of the "Law and Order"
> stuff does not apply.

Tom, Law and Order always apply. No administartive court can defy
the underlying law. Try these two (NYS) cases on for size.

140 Misc.2d 813
The PEOPLE of the State of New York, Plaintiff,
v.
Jamie J. CORREIA, Defendant.
Village Justice Court
of Muttontown.
July 21, 1988.

392 N.Y.S.2d 985
The PEOPLE of the State of New York,
v.
Irving PERLMAN, Defendant.
District Court, Suffolk County, First District.
March 16, 1977

No, I'm not a lawyer.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM