hey dave,
 there most regular venue for poetry at this point is
in Long ranch, at the brighton bar. Once a month. The
next show is Wednesday the 26th. I am familiar with
your work via the New jersey Poetry Yahoo! group. You
will fit in nicely there, as there is a wide range of
styles. The Saint occassionally has shows, and the
Deep used to. If you are serious about starting a show
I have a huge amount of local poet contacts and I can
put you in contact with Phil Montgomery, an AP police
officer who is very active in supporting and promoting
spoken word shows. There is also some area open mics
that welcome spoken word/poetry: berkeley carteret on
friday night, brighton bar on mondays, and internet
cafe (red bank) on sundays. In addition, Upstage
Magazine welcomes submissions for their monthly
publication. You can send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gary from upstage also runs a web based radio station
www.upstageradio.com that welcomes spoken word
submissions for airplay (send mp3s to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) . In the past, there was a
pretty large poetry scene happening in asbury, but it
has trailed off somewhat recently. Thats said, there
is still a huge pool of local talent. The local music
scene has an annual 'awards' show (Asbury Music
Awards) that also includes a poet laureate category (I
happen to be this years AMA Poet Laureate). Again,
this wednesday at the Brighton Bar is your best bet
for exposure to a new audience and a taste of the wide
range of styles and rich talent this area has to
offer.

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM