Dan wrote - > SUFA is not about trying to spread unfounded fear or
purposefully
> attempting to misinform. The group has been clear that there are no
> homeless shelters like Market Street Mission currently operating in
AP.

>From SUFA'a first paragraph of their "Business Flier" as found on
there web ste today - >

Please join us to STOP the establishment of The Market Street Mission
in Asbury Park.  Our tiny city currently hosts seven (7) homeless
shelters and soup kitchens to serve OUR OWN homeless community.

They have changed their "fact sheet" - my guess is that it was on the
advice of counsel. I have the original if anyone wants it. They
probably overlooked this bit of misinformation and I bet it will be
changed as soon as they read this.

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <lighty@> wrote:
> >

> > If you go through the Yahoo group archives I bet you¹ll find at
least
> > dozen cases where the idea that Asbury Park already has several
> overnight
> > facilities are mentioned.  Some of these statements, I¹m pretty
sure,
> came
> > directly from the group.
>
> You should know by now that I would accept the challenge and do so.
As
> a supporter of SUFA, I am only aware of Paul Vail speaking for the
> group. I can find NO post in the archives by Paul to that effect.
What
> I did find was one post of a private email in which Frank Farrell,
part
> of the group, says that there are 7 boarding houses in AP that take
in
> the homeless.
>
> SUFA is not about trying to spread unfounded fear or purposefully
> attempting to misinform. The group has been clear that there are no
> homeless shelters like Market Street Mission currently operating in
AP.
> There are several soup kitchens feeding the homeless along with a
bevy
> of other social service facilties. Gary, would you accept Market
Street