> From the APP: "This is part of an overall commitment by Gov.
Corzine to
> increase accountability,'' Davy said. "Based on what I've
reviewed, and
> that includes looking at how much money they're spending, it's
clear to
> me this district is not on the right track. We need to work with
them
> to ensure greater accountability for the resources invested and
the
> outcome of the children. These children are not being prepared for
the
> 21st century.
>
> I guess the state finally got to this message board.
>
> Keep it up.
>
> Time to shake out the pockets and find out where the past BILLION
(yes)
> went.

If you have been following this, I beleive the majority on the
school board, who oppose Dr. Lewis, have been begging the state to
step in. I think Frank D can shed light on this but he may not be
able to in this forum. AP school system is not alone in wasting
money. I am sure there is waste in the system, but all the money in
the world is not going to solve the problems. Again I say that you
should PAY students/families for GOOD ATTENDANCE. PAY for GOOD
GRADES. Nothing like the old might buck for an incentive. Shows
students it PAYS to get a good education. They don't understand
about paying off in the future. Let it PAY something NOW.