--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I saw a picture of Lewis in the APP this morning, with a smug
smile on his face. He appeared
> to be laughing his way to the bank.
> To bad they can't just fire him, and apply the $400k to $500k to
beefing up the PD.

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "oakdorf" <oakdorf@> wrote:
> >
> > The board had decided to buy Lewis out at a total amount of
between
> > $400,000 and $500,000, sources close to the matter said Thursday.
> >
> > Only in America can people get paid for not working  - or for
not doing
> > a good job (so they say)

You apparently weren't around during the Jannerone era, either.
When he "retired", I was upset at his "golden parachute", too!  He
did "nothing" for the kids of Asbury Park back in the mid 70's,  to
late 80's, when AP, was still predominantly, white. Nothing!  When
these kids were "shuffled" out of school and tried to attend
college, they had to take remedial classes, before they could
matriculate! They had to take reading and math, because they
couldn't do, either!  If all you know is Mr. Lewis, it's
unfortunate.  Mr. Lewis, was an excellent principle, which is why he
got the nod for super, in the first place.  Came to AP with
excellent credentials from New York, etc.  Now, he is seen as a
pariah, in the press and from the opinions, of the current board.
If I had a clue, as to what REALLY went on, I'm not sure I'd print
it here and since I don't, I won't speculate, as you have.  When you
speak truth to power, I'll be happy to debate, you.