--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In reference to _ridkid004's_ (mailto:ridkid004'[EMAIL PROTECTED],your)
comment:

Bankers Furniture was firebombed the fire spread and that was it. The
Cops then decided to end the riots. Once it crossed the tracks. The
whole city had a curfew. That was the final nail. The city never
recover. Then the corrupt politicians took office and got very rich.
Left nothing for the city. Then the city got very dependant on State
and Fed. Aid. We had over 50 legal rooming houses with 2000 mentaly
ill patients release from Marboro and other places from througout the
state. Imaging walking the boardwalk and seeing dozens and dozens of
these drugged up patients  walking the boardwalk unsupervised, it was
like the night of the living dead. Every morning and every afternoon.
Picking through the garbage going to the bathroom will ever they
wanted begging for money. It wasn't their fault they were dumped here.
Then the failed redevelopement, so this city to overcome alot and
they did. So your feeling abot what's going on can't ever compare to
what we went through. The person who designed the citys plan has done
many many plans. Go to City Place in WPB Florida they took a
depressed part of that town and made it into something special. You
may have read alot and seen lots of pitures but you really had to
live it.

http://www.cityplace.com/AboutCityPlace.html

 the riots did make it over to the east  side...all the buildings