<x-tad-bigger> When Asbury is a nice safe place to raise a family is when I'll be </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> back. I live in a town where, for adults, there is nothing to do </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> and I'm not moving. I'm here because there is a TON of stuff to do </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> for the kids, which Asbury doesn't have.</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger> So, yea, my agenda is to make a great, boring family town.</x-tad-bigger>

It's funny but Point Pleasant has a nice nightlife and is a great family town. That boardwalk gets thousands of families each day during the summer...

Guess that could never happen again in Asbury huh?

** BTW, wasn't it memories like that which have so many people feeling strongly about Asbury's past? That's what I don't understand. It could be that way again but people want to believe that it absolutely couldn't.

I know there are people (I think you were one of them) who HATED the Palace. Well, as a kid growing up, I absolutely lived in that place and loved it. Now I agree with you that it was offensive to see people who had never been in the place trying to force it to be saved, but what offended me the most was that they only seemed to care about saving the logos. I wanted to save the INSIDE.

Asbury Park used to be a magical place. That's why I hate the idea of turning it into any town USA when it could be magical again.

Upstage Magazine - New Jersey's Premier Arts & Entertainment Magazine
PO Box 140, Spring Lake, NJ 07762 (732) 280-3305
http://www.UpstageMagazine.com