On Oct 18, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Hinge wrote:

<x-tad-bigger>I couldn't agree more with this.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> Also, Scott of the Saint tried to do something that could really have</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> a future...The Wave Gathering, which is his take on the highly</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> successful SXSW festival in Austin TX.</x-tad-bigger>

Yes, the Wave Gathering should have been on that list as well. For a first year, it went very well - actually surprised a lot of people (probably since a different festival run by a competing magazine failed to get off the ground twice :)

Of course you could also add the other entertainment things like the Garden State Film Festival and some of the specialty shows that Asbury Lanes has done for the biker crowd.

I think you could just as easily have an Abbott & Costello weekend every year draw hundreds if not thousands if done right. Same thing with Danny Devito or Jack Nicholson. The amount of entertainers from the area is staggering.

And, most areas DO NOT have anywhere near the same amount to work with... Nor have a beach... nor have a boardwalk.

It would actually be easier than NOT doing it, imo.

Upstage Magazine - New Jersey's Premier Arts & Entertainment Magazine
PO Box 140, Spring Lake, NJ 07762 (732) 280-3305
http://www.UpstageMagazine.com