--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It was a great game. Sad way to end it. 3-1 Cards. Bullpen choked
again.

Thank you for being kind, although I wouldn't say choked it was only
3 runs. Well, at least us Mets and Yankee fans can lick our wounds
together.

Not spilled milk, but I am getting tired of this nonsense and yearn
for the old days when there was no championship games. I know that
won't come back but it is getting to the point where the best teams
don;t make it to the series anymore. Say what you want, but the way
it was alsways counted was the best record. Those two teams each won
the penant and got in the WS. Then we had the league broken into 2
divisions and then (94 I think) they went to 3 divisions. Crazy. If
it were the old days we'd have a subway series and really have
something to fight over on this forum.