Mario when I'm done with a book I pack it away.  I'm sorry but I'm
not going to spend what little home time I can get my hands on these
days going to the attic to find it, then reading through that
gigantic tome the narcissist Wilson wrote about himself, to satisfy
you with a page number. Go to the library and read it.

Here is an incentive:  I'll pay you $100.00 if it isn't in there. My
money is where my mouth is. Satisfied?

Your post below is typical of the mainstream media - they get to say
who conservatives are, not the conservatives.  We're quite used to
it.  Watch when Rush or Hannity or Coulter or Malkin write a BEST
SELLER and they won't get invited on any morning news show on CBS,
NBC or ABC.  Let someone like Al Franken write one, and they have
him on every broadcast news show for a week.

Andrew Sullivan?  He worked tirelessly for John Kerry.  Of course
you like him.  Just because he calls himself conservative does not
mean he is one.  If any TV show really wanted a conservative pundit
on they would have me, not him.

Rush is the guy most maligned by people who don't listen to him.
Great thinker.  A secular thinker who gets lumped in with the
religious (not that there is anything wrong with religious thinkers,
but if libs are going to lump folks together do it right).

Look, I promised this board I wouldn't do this here. It is an Asbury
Park Board. No one wants this left/right stuff from me here.  I want
to be polite and respect that.

I invite you to move this discussion to my blog.

Tommy.

www.JustifiedRight.com

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Tommy,
> Still waiting for that page number (edition  would help too).
> ==========================
>
> In reference to:
>

> Mario I bet you were surprised to learn  that guys like the
President and I
> read books by left wingers and about the  left.
>
> You, OK, if you say so; but "by the left" and "about the left" are
quite
> different.
>
> The other guy?  Maybe now he's a "born-again" reader because he
claims  to
> have read 60 books this year.  Bush said Jesus is his favorite
philosopher;
> that's one left winger at least.
> ==============================
>

> I read as many works by the left as I  can get my hands on, from
the past to
> today's
> pundits. All my conservative  friends do as well. ...
> This is contrary to your many posts on  this board that
conservatives are
> closed minded, lock step, not respectful of  others
views, ....Sorry to
> disappoint you but conservative views  aren't formed by talk radio
hosts (it's just
> trumpeted  there).
> Not all conservatives (Some of my best friends are...); you mainly
in
> Rove/Rush mode.
>
> I have gone out of my way, in personal emails to you, to indicate
my  respect
> for traditional conservative thought:
>
> From 10/12
> More importantly, I just think it is a shame that while you  have
the
> "pulpit" in triCity, you fail to use it to justify (and educate
your  readers to)
> issues really sacred to the traditional right wing. Instead
you're  mimicking the
> likes of Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Rush and that ilk; besides,
I  think the
> public is quickly tiring of that polarizing schtick. Have you
reviewed
> lately any real American conservative thinkers: Wm. F. Buckley,
Barry Goldwater,
> etc.?
> See "Slothful Conservatism" in follow up email. [Slothful
Conservatism  is
> about Wm. F. Buckley’s critique of the current administration]
> Also HBO is  currently airing a great documentary on Goldwater.
>
> From 10/13
>
> I recommend Republican John Danforth on C-SPAN 2's BookTV.
>
> After Words: John Danforth, author of "Faith & Politics: How the
Moral
> Values Debate Divides America and How to Move Forward Together"
interviewed by
> Charles Haynes, senior scholar at The First Amendment Center .
>
> From 10/14
>
> Tommy said: "I know it is easy to believe that people that are
conservative
> are mean...."
>
> I responded: "What is it with you? You really don't read with
comprehension
> or memory of what someone says. I consistently point out
conservatives whom I
> admire (Buckley, Goldwater, Brooks, Tierney, and other non-mud
wallowers on
> the  right). And more and more people on the right are
demonstrating their
> integrity  and patriotism these days by breaking from the party
line now that our
> country's  foreign policy... (I digress.)  Instead you focus on
trivialities
> said  about you and then react like a victim. Your rhetoric is AM
radio
> Rush/Rove/Coulter stuff, and I sincerely believe that, after 20ish
years of  that,
> it is hurting our country--Big Time."
>
> From 10/15
>
> Tommy, Andrew Sullivan is another conservative voice I'm intrigued
by. He
> will be on C-Span (Cablevision channel 65) tonight at 8 and 11,
also tomorrow at
>  6 am.
> =======================================
>

> Have you  read any books by George Will, Bill Bennett, Rush,
Coulter or
> Malkin?
>
> George Will is a genuine man of reason on the right.  I know him
well as a
> TV pundit and always pay heed to what he has to say.
>
> Bennett is too self-righteous and smug for my tastes; he's also a
hypocrite.

> Rush, Coulter and Malkin?  You jest! Throw in BOR too (Bill
O'Reilly).
> Serious political thinkers?  Fuggedabodit!  These are  all part of
a huge
> propaganda machine and major contributors to the "poisoned  well"
of politics today. I
> don't read David Duke or Ralph Reed or Jerry  Falwell either.  Why
not ask
> about them too?  Same types.
>
> ===============================
> Are you up to date in your reading?  Conservative  David Brooks in
calling
> for  Barack Obama to run for president says of  Obama: His
“style is surely the
> antidote to the politics of the past  several years. It is surely
true that a
> president who brings a deliberative  style to the White House will
multiply
> his knowledge, not divide it….Coming from  my own perspective, I
should note
> that I disagree with many of Obama’s notions  and could well end
up agreeing
> more with one of his opponents. But anyone who’s  observed him
closely can see
> that Obama is a new kind of politician. As Klein  once observed,
he’s that
> rarest of creatures: a megahyped phenomenon that lives  up to the
hype.
> It may not be personally convenient for him, but the times  will
never again
> so completely require the gifts that he possesses. Whether
you’re liberal or
> conservative, you should hope Barack Obama runs for  president.”
>
> Are you up to date in your reading? Newt's right hand  man Dick
Armey on
> todays culture war conservatives: “To a large extent because
Dobson and his gang
> of thugs are real nasty bullies. I pray devoutly every day,  but
being a
> Christian is no excuse for being stupid. There’s a high
demagoguery  coefficient to