Know the VFW was storing A.P.L.L. there eqiutment & uniforms some uniforms was
new for them for years.Then the City forgot about it being down there or didn't
care it was.We still have a pitching machine there.It wasn't until my Commander
told them if they didn't come get all this stuff estimate at 5000.00 dollars we
will give to a church or Salvation Army.It sat in our building so long the soda
cans they had there was popping in the room it was store in.One of my Veterans
that has Past away let them store it there for free for years.He would tell me
the kids are playing in tee shirts & we have there uniforms shirts & pants in
the basement.Something happen with the Little League they got new people in
charge they didn't come get for awhile.I told the City every year finally last
year they came & got every thing except the pitching machine they couldn't get
in there truck.I had to stay on them to get it.Someone spoke at the last
Council meeting & said { Council & City Hall} just was worried about how much
$$$$ is coming in town she hit the Nail on the Head.These people running this
town can't even get a tree trim around our Flag Pole at our Library.Donated by
Veterans in 1962.They let grow around it for years.Looks real nice when someone
goes to the Library.Maybe it time to get someone else to run this City.From the
State.