I'm cracking up at both of you!  This is getting nuttier by the
minute!  There is nothing wrong in being Italo-American!  Some of my
best friends are....! Sigh!  This is America!  Let those who want to
celbrate, do so.  I love Italian People.  They have such a rich
history and heritage.  Tommy says that Italians were/are the
indigenous people of AP.  Don't know it this is true because I
thought I read somewhere, that it was a Methodist Community; for
whites, only, that Blacks lived on the West-Side in huts, etc.  That
Bradley was a pure bigot, while professing to be a Christian.  Sound
familiar?  Don't know what brand of christianity those people were
practicing, but it's not the one I know.  I am a Roman Catholic, born
in the mid-forties, was raised in a predominantly Catholic City,
southern, segregated, unequal, etc.  I had parents who owned a
business, my father was a WWII veteran, who fought under Gen. Almond
and Clark in the Italian mountains, saved and fed Italians, yet he
had to travel in a train car, behind the Nazis, he captured.  My
father fought for democracy in Europe, while being denied it, here!
He was in the 371st, 92nd Division, Buffalo Soldiers, from Ft.
Huachuca, AZ, after Basic training, at Ft. Dix, NJ.  I have been
asked by the Department of the Army, for copies of my father's
memorabilia, from a scrapbook, my mother fashioned, while she was
carrying me.  The information, was given to me when my father died,
back in 1980.  I am a proud, African-American and Woman of Color.
Where I come from, I am called Creole, from my French, Indian and
African Descendants, because there was no classification, for people
like me.  No one could be as proud as I am.  Tommy is proud of his
heritage and I respect him, for it.  I hope AP continues, to have the
Columbus Landing.  I respect and love all of you, that are in this
group, right or wrong.