--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "carlchesna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not most non-politically vocal person I know - but this was an
> interesting article --it's from the front page of local news
section
> and continues to page 2...  The article is about Councilman Keady,
> and there's a quote from Minister John Muhammad of the Nation of
> Islam:
>
> "If you don't help us, the city will not come back, and I don't
want
> it to come back," Muhammad said.  "If you don't build, we don't
lose
> a dime."
>
> Ummm...  Doesn't that sound a little off?  Any thoughts on where
> he's coming from?  Dan?  Tommy?  Anyone?

I don't like that talk. I am not going to comment on someone's
religion. I don't even know if they are justified or not. The truth
always lies somewhere between the two sides. All I know is that they
said it and it is now a problem. It did not have to be such a
problem and is a reaction to the recent attacks on Keady. You get
what you pay for. Now a can of worms have been opended. It's often
hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

We need to come together as a city. There are people on this forum
and in this city that delude themselves. I don't know why we even
have to argue here. Opinion is one thing but facts are facts. The
waterfront buildings are restored?