I'll hold my comments.  Would like the see what DAN has to say.  That is of
couse if he is done trying to figure out how Werner can sue the city

----- Original Message ----
From: justifiedright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2006 3:22:57 PM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Keady on Emenant Domain

I'm not going to comment on this because I don't want to be seen as being hard
on the Councilman. I'm just going to post these facts and ask all of you to
comment on it.

Particularly you, Kevin Brown.

This from the Coaster, 06/28/06:
New Jersey should enact a moratorium on eminent domain, Asbury Park City
Councilman James Keady said at a rally held at city hall on Friday.
Keady said in Asbury Park the city council must have the courage to stand up to
Larry Fishman, the chief executive officer of Asbury Partners, the city's
redeveloper, and tell him won't allow him to take residents property from them
against their will.
"Very generally, no properties should be taken against the will of the owners,"
Keady said.
This from Life Net News, 6/28/06:
      Two City councilmen, Ed Johnson and Jim Keady, are outspoken critics of
the use of eminent domain and refuse to vote to take property unless the owners
request it. Both of the local representatives believe that redevelopment can
occur without eminent domain. "Redevelopment should help the homeowners and the
businesses that are in an area that's considered blighted," said Keady. "It
shouldn't run them out of that area."

Last night, the Springwood Avenue Redevelopment Proposal was introduced.  The
Chairman of the Committee that wrote it is Jim Keady.   From today's Asbury
Park Press:

The city could use its power of eminent domain to acquire all properties in the
area for development.

Please tell me what you think.

Tommy.

Cheap talk?