> Be careful Tom. Are you sure Keady wrote it?

He is the Chair of the Committee that wrote it.  He owns it unless he
comes out and disavows it or at least that part of if.

>Nice to see you and the
> missus Sat.

Likewise.  How did you get that Angelic women to marry you? ;-)

> Why don't we you guys just cut this short and just tar and feather
>him [Keady]
> and run him out of town on a rail?

Don't make any assumptions, friend.  Remember my first post about Keady
and E.D. said I'm not offering an opinion right now.  My second post
said if he has an opinion closer to mine, I'll compliment him.

Just to give a bigger hint, I'm waiting and hoping for the opportunity
to compliment him.  I just need him to clarify his position.  Right now
he has me confused - In June he calls for a statewide halt to E.D. but
now he authors a plan that allows it.  I honestly don't know where he
stands and I don't think anyone else does either.

It could be that I'm wrong about what his position was in June with
respect to E.D. (from private owner to private owner).

Or, maybe his postion is changed, which is no sin. Reagan started as a
Democrat. If JK's postion has changed he should be OK with saying so.
If it changed and it is more like mine, I'll be happy to compliment
him. I promise I will.

I don't want him tarred, feathered or run out of town.  I like him as a
person (who wouldn't?) and I'm very fond of Ms. Keady too.  I just have
some policy differences with him.

My policy differences with him get highlighted more than others because
I'm charged by the newspaper with writing about AP politics, and it
looks worse because I'm an opinion columnist, not a news reporter.
That just makes it seem like I'm more jazzed about issues than others,
when in fact a curory reading of this board shows that I'm far from
being the most worked-up about AP stuff around here.

Having to write a column has certainly strained my relationship with
him, but that's a price anyone pays for disagreeing. I wish it wasn't
that way, but it is. I don't see you breaking bread with Jimmy Bruno.
You've said 100 times you have nothing personal against the guy, but
the more you speak out against his politics, the more you open yourself
to a charge that you are just out to get him.  It's unavoidable that
people will make that charge against you, no matter how untrue it is.
The same goes for me and JK.  I wish it wasn't the case, but I can't do
anything about it.

Maybe JK will clarify his E.D. position by answering the questions
AsburyCouple posed.  He owes them an answer far more than he owes me.