On 12/7/2006 at 11:06:43 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Mario you had indicated that  you would post here about Congressman Pallone's
response to your inquire  [sic]regarding the statement he made about Asbury
Park.    Did he ever respond to  you?

I could choose to see the above as a "monkey  question" and ignore it.

Instead, I'll label it a "leading question" and respond with a  few of my own:

1. Did you ever send the $100 check to the veterans'  organization?    See
messages at _http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/message/18471_

2. Did you ever make a retraction or an apology to  Keady?  See
_http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/message/19616_

3. In last week's column, you referred to the AP Chamber of  Commerce as
"Bastards," "Communist Heathens," under "an idiot spell" of  "witches," guilty
of
"Politically Correct bullshit," and you threatened to  spit in the eye of
anyone wishing you "Happy Holidays."

    A. Did you intend that column to be a  model of the "Judeo-Christian"
values which you claim progressives  lack?

    B. You ended that column  with "Praise Jesus."  How is that different
from the Islamic fascists  who shout "Praise Allah!" to justify violence,
verbal
or otherwise?

    C.  If you intended that column  to be amusing, weren't you aware of the
commandment "You shall not take the name  of the Lord your God in vain"?

    D. Aren't you aware that  "holidays" comes from "holy days"?

4. You always  defend the rights of anonymous posters who, coincidentally,
always seem to agree  with you although on a more intemperate and vicious
level:
an intriguing  connection.  (A leading statement not unlike those you make in
your  columns: e.g., Zinn, assassination, Keady; e.g., Hitler, secular school
boards;  et al.)

You printed the following as a direct quote, i.e.,  the exact words of
Pallone: "I'm not going to bat in a city where I don't have a  good
relationship
with the mayor."

How about these for leading questions?  Does  this say more about our mayor
than it does about the congressman?  What are  the details about that poor
relationship?  Did the congressman get the same  treatment from our elected
officials as Councilman Keady gets?

Final leading question:  I voted for these city  officials, but see where
your provocations push people like me.  I'll buy a  round of drinks on the day
those officials formally distance themselves from  your tactics.

Happy Holidays