I applaud the French for trying to keep the big retailers away. The mom and pop
business's that once made our country great are disappearing by the day. Same
goes for
Europe. I've spent quite a bit of time in Europe, and it always seemed to be an
interuption
of culture to see a McDonalds or Disney store in places so filled with little
shops and
restaraunts that had been there for decades.
Tonight on Frontline on PBS there's a great program about Walmart and it's
effect on our
country.
Also, there's a DVD out called "Independent America" that shows 2 people
crossing
America on the backroads and avoiding any kind of mega retailer or chain
restaraunt.
Good stuff. Learn more about it here http://www.independentamerica.net/
Jack