JR:
I have owned 4 telescopes, since becoming an amateur sky watcher.  The
first one was a table top type, which my son, who is a little older
than used to peer into our neighbor's dining room!  He set it up for
me, when we lived in the Hills of Neptune!  He phoned them from the
kitchen wall phone and asked what were they eating, while he laughed
his head off!  I grabbed the phone from this silly boy and apologized
to my dear neighbors.  He was about 12 at the time.  Back when there
were no home computers, I joined the Astronomy Club at Bell Labs,
having always been interested in Space due to the Moon Landing, back
in 1969.  There's so much out there to be learned and the fascinating
galaxy we live in, until the problems on the ground seem immaterial,
when you're gazing "out there"!  I belong to the Seti Program, also,
where I loan the use of my computer for science to "listen" for a
reply from space by "others".  All you have to do to join is google
"seti", sign up, that's all!  Your computer is used while you're not
using it.  It is not part of NASA.  I've always been interested in Art
and Science and my kids are just as curious.  My eldest lives in
Florida, where he always takes off to go and see a lift-off, from Cape
Canaveral.  He is a programmer.  I always wind up "giving" my
telescopes away, to either a school or a kid in need.  I'm looking for
a new one, now.  Saw one in the optometrists, office that rotates and
has all sorts of gizmos.  AP is not suitable for viewing.  Too many
street lights.  Will view the shower on Nasa's website and thanks!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"