--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Your reading Hawking intrigues me.  Other justified righters have
>criticized
> him harshly:  "Move Over Al Gore. Atheist astrophysicist Stephen
>Hawking is
> the latest liberal End-of-the-World doomsday prophet, suggesting
>that  mankind
> colonize the Moon or Mars to avoid annihilation from global
>warming...."
> And the conservative Catholic League claims that he  >misrepresented
Pope John
> Paul II.
>
> Shouldn't he be on your list of evil-thinkers like Howard Zinn?

I don't really think of him in terms of politics.  I haven't seen him
trying to affect politics in any strong way.

I'm just fascinated by the science.  Time being relevant, Pre-Big Bang,
spherical space, the concept of "infinately small,"  the size of space,
black holes.  Very exciting stuff (what little of it I can understand).