Shows like that could definitely still be done.
Every summer, all over the country radio stations do these things
called "radio shows" which usually take place in large outdoor stadiums.
In 2000, I worked at one at RFK stadium in DC, and nearly 80,000
people were in attendence.
Shows like that feature bands which are the hot thing of the year, and
the way the music biz goes these days, there are plenty to fit such a
bill.
What better place to do it once again then on the beach in AP?