Tommy,

Unfortunately it's like I told you several weeks ago, even people who have been in Asbury for over 30 years and never felt scared there are now feeling scared.

This is issue #1 for the city and issue #1 for the redevelopment. For a few years, people didn't want to believe that the crime and gangs were on the upswing. Newspapers were CRITICIZED when they mentioned crime - people said it was hurting the redevelopment. The only problem is that ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

Sorry this happened to you. The other day I got worried when I was filling one of our newspaper boxes right next to a homeless guy sleeping on the sidewalk. I never got scared with stuff like that before but all of a sudden I'm wondering if he's maybe not asleep but waiting to jump someone or something.

Asbury Partners needs to begin tackling this issue and offering suggestions IMMEDIATELY -- their financial future depends on it.

-Gary

Upstage Magazine - New Jersey's Premier Arts & Entertainment Magazine
PO Box 140, Spring Lake, NJ 07762    (732) 280-3305
http://www.UpstageMagazine.com