--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jack I understand and respect your feelings as stated above.  But
with
> thousands of people going to Red Bank everyday even in the winter,
> doesn't that suggest the Red Bank model is a good one?

Tommie, Yes what Red bank did is good for Red Bank. They took stock in
being known as a center of commerce and business. They built upon their
traditional assets.

However, to suggest that the Red Bank model should be used on AP's
beachfront is rediculous. AP has a completely different heritage and
intrincic set of assets.

This is the falicy subscribed to by far too many people. That what's
good for one community, will be good for any other. AP is not South
Beach, SoHo, Red Bank or any other place.

What those communities have done is grasp their own identity, embraced
it and built upon it with great success. Each in a way uniquely suited
to their own heritage.

It is not the type of development that is the common thread of success.
it is the philosophical desire to build upon what you have and what is
unique that is the common element of success.

This it where AP has failed - trying to copy other's physical
development instead of following the path of least resistance and using
the techniques of building on one's own heritage and unique assets.

Werner