I have also.  I had to open the terrace door, due to the warm weather
and couldn't figure where the hum, was coming from.  Also heard other
sounds, so I wound up closing the door.  Went to open a back window
and a jack hammer, went off, over at the Thurgood Marshall School.
Saw moving vans, moving the new furniture into the new wing, of the
school.  Very noisy, over the school vacation.  No, you are not alone.