--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

You only talk about this sub committee, what about the other 15? They
are just as important, Springwood Ave, Downtown, Main Street these
sub committees will affect the future just as much or even more that
the Brachfront committee, they have contracts too. Why are you so
hell bent when it comes to the beachfront. If you are not happy with
the council start a recall election and run for office. I'm sure you
will get elected you're a leader in the community, everyone looks up
to you. You're a class act. When you become Mayor you can run things
your way. I have a idea you can put the council agenda on you website
and then have your followers vote on each item. You can't get more
public than that. How does webcam sub committees sound? That should
go over well.
Union contract neg. on the web , sounds good. How does a webcam in
the city managers office sound?

You're a silly silly person. Thanks for the mornning laugh, I really
needed it.

 Perhaps if the council wasn't handling these 'contract negotiations'
between
> Marquette and the Partners in private sessions through
its 'subcommittee' -
> supposedly to avoid violating the Sunshine Law - we wouldn't have
to speculate
> about the status of the Partners' negotiations with Marquette.
> Why isn't anyone else asking why the secrecy?
> The reason our lawmakers made contract negotiations an exemption
from the
> open meetings law was so that the governing body could deliberate
its strategy in
> private - so that the other party to the deal wouldn't know the
strategy. Can
> someone apply that reason to this situation, because it evades me.
How does
> the city benefit by meeting with the very parties involved in the
contract and
> leaving ONLY the public out?
> Then, of course, the subcommittee reports back to the full
governing council
> - again in executive or private session. It's another clear
violation of the
> act.
> Nancy, having covered nowhere else but Asbury Park, is apparently
at a loss
> for a reference point. She must think this is how legitimate
government is
> conducted.  Not. It's time Nancy and the APP filed their own
Sunshine complaint.